The US Army Field Manuals
The United States Army Field Manuals contains detailed information and how-tos for those procedures that are important to the soldiers serving in the field. The field manuals are published by the United States Army’s Army Publishing Directorate. About 542 field manual were already in use by July 27, 2007.
The field manuals are especially designed for people training survival skills.
There are numerous field manual in the army. Here is a list of the selected manual fields.
- FM 1, The Army
- FM 3-0, Operations
- FM 3-0.130, Army Special Operations Forces Unconventional Warfare
- FM 5-31, Boobytraps
- FM 3-21.8, The Infantry Rifle Platoon and Squad
- FM 3-24, Insurgencies and Countering Insurgencies
- FM 21-76, US Army Survival Manual
- FM 34-52, Intelligence Interrogations
- FM 3-21.20,
- FM 27-10
- FM 3-25.150 (Combatives)
- FM 3-22.5 (Drill and Ceremony)
The US Army has started to “wikify” various field manuals that basically allow any authorised user to update the manuals. This process was discovered by the White House as an Open Government initiative.